one cyclist's adventures through the urban jungle

Sunday, March 18, 2007

ready to come out

I am not sure that I am ready to open up about this. Posts so far aren't all that brilliant and aren't exactly plentiful. The layout has made leaps and bounds and is good enough for now, but looks only go so far. Maybe if I put the word out, I'll get some feedback, some "cool"s some "wtf"s. Will my non-bike-nerd friends understand? Will my bike-nerd friends care?

I have made attempts at blogs with friends before. We never made it that far but we talked about it a lot. For some time I have thought about starting a plain and simple, how-to-fix-your-bike when 'x' happens website - a directory of sorts, something to take the fear out of riding and maintaining your bicycle. I think I'll incorporate that idea into this blog, do some step-by-steps and when necessary provide links to those that have already done it and documented it (no doubt with more gusto than me). I also intend to share my stories of the daily grind and other bicycle related shenanigans. This is my soap box, complete with clipless pedals mounted to it. There will no doubt be posts about music and beer too. These items go hand in hand with cycling as it pertains to my life.

Cycling has been a major part of my life for some time and I believe that any bike that gets people out riding and allows people to enjoy the sport in any facet is a good thing. My take on cycling will be different from others, perhaps different from the norm and maybe occasionally beyond what you think is sane.

I think I can do this.

But I am not ready to tell my parents.

1 Comment:

Lulu said...

It's ok...It took me 25 years to figure out who I really was..My mum took it pretty well. But remember - you've had all these years to live with it and figure it out..it will take time for them to adjust too.....And generally, parents will love you not matter what.